Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A TEACHER IS A THINKER...

This morning, I went to the book store to buy some books and there was one book that captured my sight.  The title of the book is Rhymes for Children by Adibah Amin.  I bought the books and I went through each and every line of the rhymes.  Fascinating!

Just want to share the rhyme....

Thanks, Teacher
I gave a Teacher a "thank you" card,
She looked surprised and smiled at me.
I thank her for trying hard
To teach me not to be naughty.



She laughed and said, "You're okay,
You always try to be good.
But sometimes you get carried away
And don't do what you should."

Teacher's lesson are interesting,
Her jokes help us remember,
Yet often we start chatting
And playing with one another.


Then she asks us tough questions
And laughs when we blink.
We all enjoy her lessons:
She makes us listen and think.

Adibah Amin

This card is from a pupil to his/her teacher...But I found that the card is very interesting due to its content.  I highlighted some words that I believe teachers should not take for granted.  After 16 years of teaching, I found out that sometimes I was surprised with a lot of things; amazed, could be the right word!  
Smile and smile...it is good for ones health.  A good therapy, I guess.  Personally, when I smile, I believe the whole world will smile with me...Seriously, I would feel good when I smile.  If we smile sincerely to our students, they will also feel good, and accept us with open heart!  Insya Allah.
As a teacher, we should always motivate them, apart from being nice but firm to the students.  This is what I always do in my class on the first day of the school.  I would enter the class, introduce myself and remind my students the rules and regulations to be in my class.  Wow!  Sounds demanding, right?  No....no...then I would have like M.O.U. (Memorandum of Understanding) with the students...
The most challenging part would be to make the lesson interesting...How?!  Learning to teach effectively.  It sounds so technical, right?  I would prefer learning to teach in interesting ways but the ways should be efficient and effective.  Ambitious?!  That should be the way...the principle of my life...
We are not jokers if we make jokes....Yes, it is very true.  When we make jokes, the students would love to listen to us...and they would remember the most!
SO LET'S MAKE THE LESSON INTERESTING, REMEMBER-ABLE....SLOT IN JOKES IN BETWEEN THAT BREAKS INTO SMILES AND LAUGHS....THAT MAKES THE CLASS LIVELY!
But be careful....THE POWER TO CONTROL THE SITUATIONS IS IN OUR HANDS!


Thanks, Mdm Adibah...to make us listen and think...Because a teacher needs to think...A teacher is a thinker...but a thinker is not necessarily a teacher...Alhamdulillah.

No comments:

Post a Comment