Saturday, November 20, 2010

Lemons of Life...

I was supposed to write something on my blog yesterday but I could not find the words. This was due to my reading on Cg Syed's blog about RTM (want to know what is RTM? Then you have to go to his blog then).

As usual every Friday, I would browse through a few blogs including the school's blog. But yesterday was the first Friday without Cg Syed's writing. I felt the emptiness there. That made me go through his blog. I did invite him after that as contributor to the school's blog. I waited for his reply but he was very quiet. I guess he was busy. But later late in the evening, I saw his message. He thanked me for inviting him but he said that he should get the permission from the HM first, Cikgu Haji Yusof Karim. Okay...that should be the way, right? Therefore, I have decided to invite him to contribute his writing to my blog...that means here!...Wow! Can't wait for the things to happen...Insya Allah...

I have so many memories with him...that's why, it seems very difficult for me to forget him. Apart from being a very dedicated, committed and responsible headmaster, he was a good listener, a mentor, a counselor...and anything and everything a good person can be...

I still remember the first year he came to the school, I was the coordinator for Year 6. Though it was not the first year as the coordinator, I found that the year was a very challenging year for me. I recalled my public speaking course during my first degree, the title for my public speaking was "How to Overcome Grief". I remember one saying that says 'if life throws you lemons, make lemonade, and drink it with gusto! And live another day to tell others how nice the lemonade was... But when life threw me lemons, did I make lemonade? NO! Instead I turned to cry and cry and cry!

Alhamdulillah...as he admitted during the UPSR post-mortem meeting, that he can read people, their personalities, etc. So I guess that was what he did when he always advised me with all the words of wisdom. The most I remember was that he said only the insane can fulfill everybody's need. Because as a normal human being, it is impossible for me to cater each and everyone's requirement. But I did my best. Still insufficient for those who showed dissatisfaction!...Oh!
At least...I was strong with all the words...the advice that I got from time to time... He was the strength...But one thing that he always advised me that I should turn to Allah...no matter what...because He knows best!

No comments:

Post a Comment