Thursday, March 24, 2011

Student is torn between art and science



The Star Thursday March 24, 2011

Although a science student, Xiong Hui's ambition is to be an artist.
“I want to be a famous artist and set up my own company but then, it would be a waste not to pursue a career in science.
“If my application for a scholarship to pursue a science course is successful, I will consider giving up my ambition,” Xiong Hui added.
He was one of 32 students in Perak who achie-ved perfect scores of all A+ in last year's SPM.

State Education Department deputy director Mohd Idris Ramli said 34,200 or 87.85% of 39,336 candidates who sat for the exam obtained SPM certificates.

He said boarding schools dominated the top six positions in the state in terms of grade point averages. They were Malay College Kuala Kangsar, Gopeng Integrated School, Sekolah Tunku Abdul Rahman, SM Sains Bagan Datoh, SM Sains Tun Raja Azlan Shah and SM Sains Teluk Intan

No comments:

Post a Comment